NOT SO BASIC PHYSICAL THERAPY
Comprehensive Care and Problem Solving for Treating Pelvic Pain with Endometriosis patients
This course will focus assist the provider to build on basic pelvic health training with mentor-guided principles that focus on PT medical screening, review of systems and treatment planning. It will include expert therapists that have additional specializations in integrative nutrition, viscero-fascial and orthopedic assessments. There will be a multidisciplinary panel for question-and-answer opportunity. The focus will be on case management and treatment planning. The afternoon will include case dissection and treatment map planning. There will be pre-study videos made available on the assessment and treatment tools that will be discussed. Participants are encouraged to bring 1-2 case studies for dialogue during the afternoon.
By the end of the course the participate will be able to
- Explain the condition of endometriosis as the sum of pelvic pain and disorders of the systems involved
- List types of resources needed for comprehensive care in endometriosis population.
- Outline how to screen and refer for valuable disciplines
- Be able to integrate multidisciplinary knowledge in their PT practice
- Identify common barrier in care of endometriosis patients
- Demonstrate steps for problem solving and prioritizing treatment plans) case management principles
This course is for you if:
- You are a Pelvic Physical Therapist who is working on progressing your understanding of endometriosis and with a better framework.
- You are a clinician and want to understand the multidisciplinary resources and intervantions that are available.
- You have been challenged with addressing the different presentations of endometriosis pelvic pain and felt you weren't able to address the patient's functional needs.
Physical Therapy CEU's are available for this program in specific states.
Karen Brandon, DSc, PT, WCS
Amy Stein, MPT, DPT, BCB-PFD, IF
Stephanie Prendergast, MPT - Pelvic Health & Rehab Center
Ramona Horton, MPT, DPT - Asante Rogue Regional Medical; Faculty-Herman & Wallace
Jandra Mueller, DPT - Pelvic Health & Rehab Center
Jill Mueller, PT - Healthy Balance Physiotherapy and Wellness
Tracy Sher, MPT, DPT, CSCS - Sher Pelvic Health & Healing
Alexandra Milspaw, PhD, M.Ed, LPC, CST - Pelvic Rehab Medicine
Jorge Carillo, MD, MHPE, FACOG - Orlando VA Healthcare