This award is designed to promote resident and fellow education on the topic of pelvic pain. Residents or fellows may apply for this scholarship in order to attend the IPPS Annual Scientific Meeting and learn more about evaluation and management of pelvic pain. Applicants will be nominated by their program director. The scholarship will be awarded at the annual meeting, thus registration and attendance at the Fundamentals course and Annual Scientific Meeting is required. Applications from all fields of medicine directly involved in patient care (as long as they have some component related to care of pelvic pain patients) will be accepted. For example, a physical therapy or gynecology applicant would qualify whereas a radiology applicant would not.
• The trainees have to be IPPS members (i.e. trainee membership status)
• This award may be awarded in conjunction with other wards, i.e. a trainee can apply for this and for PAR.
• Trainees can be residents, fellows, medical students or other trainee with a post doc degree, e.g. MD, PhD, MPH, PT or equivalent)
• 2 letters of recommendation one of which must be a nomination from the program director
• A brief personal statement (250 words or less) describing how the educational goals of the applicant can be fulfilled by attending the IPPS meeting.